Rss Feed

Readathons?

I always see it blow up all over my Reader feed: readathons coming up, readathons that passed, readathons going on right now with everyone frantically reading, reading, reading and blogging, blogging, blogging about it. And in all the years I've had this blog, the same question has always occurred to me: should I participate?

On the one hand, it seems really fun to go in for a long 24 hours or whatever of doing basically nothing but eating, reading, and blogging. Even though it seems like you might get really tired of reading so much after a while, you always have the cheerleaders to keep you going, as well as the knowledge that other people are doing the exact same thing. Plus, it's a great way to catch up on your to-read list for people like me who are so painfully behind on reading challenges it's not even funny.

Conversely, it seems like there's never any time to do it. I'm a junior, which means I have a schedule packed to the rafters and enough homework to make me lose all semblance of a social life and attempt all-nighters (attempt is the key word).

Have you ever participated in a readathon? Is it really fun?

2 comments:

Annette Mills said...

I haven't yet. I've always wanted to, but usually when they are having the read-a-thon is sometime when I know I won't have much time to read. I consider my entire life a read-a-thon!

We Heart YA said...

We've never done a readathon -- sometimes too much of a good thing is, well, too much. ;P

But to each their own!

Post a Comment