Rss Feed

Adult Book Mini-Reviews (4)

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This book was the perfect kind of thriller, jam-packed with suspense but of a thoughtful nature. Some thrillers can take you on wild adventures but with resolutions you can see from a mile away, whereas this one was clearly crafted with care. I particularly loved what was arguably the largest plot twist of the entire book - if you've read it, you know what I mean! - and the heart-pounding hunt that followed. Another great aspect was the fact that both characters were, in some respect, equally flawed, which lent itself for an intriguing read, and put the dual perspective of the story to good use. My only complaint was that I felt the resolution was not as complete as it could have been, although this may have been done by the author's choice.

Recommended? Highly!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Well I love a good plot twist so I have to give this book a try. I see this novel everywhere.

We Heart YA said...

Yeah that ending was really controversial. Kristan's the only one of the four of us that read it, but she said it was un-put-down-able. "Mind. Blown." It's hard to say she "loved" it, because the characters are so mutually unlikable, but it's undeniably compelling. Glad you enjoyed it!

Post a Comment