Rss Feed

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You: Review

Title: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Release Date: May 2006
Published By: Hyperion
Pages: 284
Goodreads Rating: 3.93 stars

Review: The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women teaches girls not only deportment but the arts of phone tapping, computer hacking, and spying. Second generation Gallagher girl Cammie Morgan is one of the best and can kill a man in seven different ways, but what she doesn't know is how to deal when she meets a normal boy. All her life she has been extraordinary, but now she must learn to pretend to be ordinary - and this may be the hardest thing she has ever done.

I'D TELL YOU I LOVE BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU (wow, that's a mouthful) is, quite plainly, a ridiculously fun read. Fast-paced and addictive, this is the kind of story you can tear through easily in a matter of hours and finish with a smile on your face. Cammie and her friends are bold with distinctive personalities that spice up the novel with witticisms and scenes that will have you grinning, if not laughing.

If I did have to complain about one thing, though, it would be the focus. This is primarily a romance with a bit of action thrown in, but I was hoping that since this is a book about a spy school, there would be more, well, spying involved. I wish that there was a bigger dose of adventure to go along with the swoons, especially since the synopsis mentioned things like how she can kill a man with multiple methods.

This book is a wild, cute, and unconventional romance geared for girls without ramping up the girlyness factor, which eleven-year-old me would have greatly appreciated. I'D TELL YOU I LOVE BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU does lean a bit on the young side but still definitely appeals to an older audience, and though some may wish for more spying in a spy-school-book, it remains an excellent read that anyone could enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment