Rss Feed

New Favorite Book

Also, a contest! Not mine. I don't have the money for that. But this guy is giving away crap, and it's really awesome crap, so you shouldn't enter so I can maybe win.

So you're probably thinking, "Wow. Izzy has a new favorite book. I worship Izzy and the ground she walks on, so clearly this is a super amazing book and I will put it at the top of my TBR list. Maybe if I read the book, I can inherit some of Izzy's awesomeness. But only some. Of course."

The book is called "Leftovers" and it's by Laura Wiess. I'm not going to review it because I honestly don't think I'm capable of writing coherent sentences about how good it is. Even now I want to gush and gush and gush and gush. I will tell you, however, that I give 6 smilies out of five. SIX. That's how super-cool-awesome it is. Like, I reread the last line about five hundred times because it was absolutely beyond amazing. It was SO GOOD.

When I finished the book, I ran around the house and found my parents, and I started blabbering about the book and the plot.

Me: Mom! Look, there's this book, and I just finished reading it, and oh my God, it is soooo good. See, it's about these two girls, Blair and Ardith, right, and they have such messed up families but they're really good friends but then what happens [...]

[6 hours later]

And like, can you believe that plot twist? I wish I could write a book like this! This is one of those books where you think, "Oh my God, if I even could come up with this premise, I would never ever ever ever be able to end up with this." You know? And it's sooooo good, oh my God, it's so good. Do you believe that ending?

Mom: That's nice, sweetie.


Now. Go read it. Seriously. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

4 comments:

Beth said...

What is it about?

Izzy G. said...

Epic things!

From Goodreads:


A devastating novel of desperation and revenge from one of today's most compelling new voices in fiction. In this follow-up to her heartbreaking debut...more A devastating novel of desperation and revenge from one of today's most compelling new voices in fiction. In this follow-up to her heartbreaking debut, Such a Pretty Girl, Laura Wiess once again spins a shattering tale of the tragedies that befall young women who are considered society's Leftovers.

Blair and Ardith are best friends who have committed an unforgivable act in the name of love and justice. But in order to understand what could drive two young women to such extreme measures, first you'll have to understand why. You'll have to listen as they describe parents who are alternately absent and smothering, classmates who mock and shun anyone different, and young men who are allowed to hurt and dominate without consequence. You will have to learn what it's like to be a teenage girl who locks her bedroom door at night, who has been written off by the adults around her as damaged goods. A girl who has no one to trust except the one person she's forbidden to see. You'll have to understand what it's really like to be forgotten and abandoned in America today.

Are you ready?

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Izzy...Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining in on the random fun. :)

Beth said...

What was the name of the first one?

Post a Comment