1. Little kids are very strange creatures. I'm sure I was never one.
3. I spent two weeks being extremely nervous about a speech I had to give in a public speaking class. When the time finally came, I was the very last person, so everyone was bored and inwardly groaning as I stepped up to the podium. My speech was meant to be funny, but I had these horrible visions of people staring at me, stony-faced, throughout the entire thing. Finally, I took a deep breath and started. To my surprise, the first line - which wasn't even meant to be funny ("I believe in procrastination, the art of getting everything done, just sometime later") - made everyone burst into laughter. I still don't see how anyone could find my speech funny, but I blame it on too much sugar.
5. I was going to be a banana for Halloween, but apparently now my parents won't let me buy the costume because it's a "waste of money". Pfft. I'll probably end up wearing a cardboard sign that says "You're just jealous of my costume." My friends tell me this perfectly sums up my personality.
6. Babies are so cute, it should be illegal.
7. Scholastic Art and Writing Competition! I'm entering this year for short short story, and I've been polishing my piece like mad. The first draft of it exploded out of me in something like twenty-five minutes, but the next few drafts have been like tearing hair follicles out of your skin with duct tape. Repeatedly. The story's finally shaping up though, so I have hope!
8. Writing on hands is very handy. (See, that was the most wonderful pun you've ever read. I will never understand why my friends called an emergency meeting with me entitled, "IZZY, YOU ARE NOT PUNNY".)