Rss Feed

Book Trailers

More and more, I see trailers being made for books, and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about them. On one hand, they can often be very interesting and it's just always nice to see film interpretations of novels. For example, the "Shatter Me" trailer was very cool, added a lot to the book, and was just an intriguing portrayal overall.

However, I'm not convinced that trailers actually do much to heighten excitement for a book. I rarely watch them, and when I do, it's only for books that I'm already excited about. I guess overall book trailers don't really help or hurt - if I saw a really good one, I probably already plan to read it anyway, and if I saw a bad one, I'd assume it's just poor marketing because I'd already be appealed by the synopsis or cover.

What do you think about book trailers?

3 comments:

We Heart YA said...

We don't really care about book trailers, to be honest. (Although interestingly, we have seen the Matched trailer at movie theaters a couple times now.) The only one that we've found particularly cool is for Ransom Rigg's "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," and that's probably because the author is a filmmaker. :P

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

I actually do love book trailers. Most of the time, they work for books that I'm unsure about. If the trailer ends up really done well, I am more inclined to add a book to my TBR.

Melody said...

Not the biggest fan of book trailers. Books just aren't movies. I've watched a few trailers, but they've never influenced me in putting the book on my TBR list (except in the case of Ted Dekker's FORBIDDEN), and they've never even upped my excitement level. :/ Most of them rarely seem very well-made, and the ones that are make me want to *watch* the story, which of course I can't do...because it's a book. Le sigh.

Post a Comment