Rss Feed

All Things Asian Interview: The Golden Eagle






Today we have the Golden Eagle here for a great interview!

What do you look for in a book?

I look for strong protagonists, believable antagonists, a well-built and detailed world, and, perhaps above all, a plot delivers plenty of twists and turns.

You're stuck on a desert island, and you have your choice of one type of food, one music album, and one book. What do you choose for each?

Fruit, Bach’s Greatest Hits, and the dictionary. The last because then I can better create my own stories in my head. ;)

What got you into blogging?

Reading other blogs. I didn’t know much about the blogging community (other than it existed) before I visited a few, lurked, and started commenting occasionally. After a few months of that I decided to start my own blog.

What is a completely random fact about yourself?

I’ve been dancing for seven years. There was a break of a couple years, but I got back into it in 2010 and am currently en pointe.

What advice would you give to another blogger?

Blog about what you want to blog about, whether that’s books, writing, games, personal projects, whatever. We’re all unique, and that’s reflected in each person’s blogging style.

If you could have any supernatural power, what would it be?

Flight. :) I chose The Golden Eagle as my pseudonym partly because eagles are such amazing fliers.

Do you think Asian characters and/or authors are prominent enough in young adult fiction?

Not quite. Though Asian characters and authors are growing in numbers, they’re still few and far between compared to white characters/authors.

Do you think there needs to be more diversity in young adult fiction?

Yes. The more varied YA is, the more perspectives and opinions, the better, I think.

What is your favorite Asian dish?

Sesame chicken.

What is your favorite Asian book character and why?

My favorite character is Ai Ling from Silver Phoenix and Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon. She has weaknesses and faults, but like any good character, those are counterbalanced with positive traits; in her case, a determination to see things through.

Would you say you appreciate Asian inspired literature more, less, or the same as other literature?

I treat Asian inspired literature the same as other literature. If it’s written well, I’ll enjoy it, but if not then I’ll dislike it as much as any other fiction.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

My apologies that I'm late to this post. Thank you so much for having me!

Deniz Bevan said...

Great interview! I love the fruit, Bach and dictionary.
Actually, I just read an Asian/Asian inspired book - Go Ask The River by Evelyn Eaton. I loved it!

Post a Comment