Rss Feed

Waiting on Wednesday (43)

This week, I'm waiting on...

Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate. Here's what Goodreads has to say: Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick.

That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible. While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything...until now.

Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

How awesome does this sound? I can't wait to pick up this book! Eve & Adam releases October 2, 2012.

6 comments:

Steph: Short and Sweet said...

Sounds really awesome! Definitely a nice take on the story, just like Cinder :)

Steph: Short & Sweet

Vee_Bookish said...

VERY AWESOME! Adding to my wishlist...

New follower!
ComaCalm's Corner

fakesteph said...

This definitely sounds good and I love the cover!!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

YES! I AM SO STOKED ON THIS ONE!!! I found it awhile back in the Macmillan catalog and I DIED! This book is going to be EPIC!!!! :D

Anna @ Literary Exploration
My WoW

Farah said...

Totally checking this out. Awesome pick!=D

Drop by my WoW?

Paige said...

I love it! Michael Grant is such a talented author! I've loved all of his YA books so far. Thanks for sharing, Here's my WoW!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Post a Comment