Rss Feed

In My Mailbox (35)

The books I got this past week were certainly bright spots in the otherwise very dark four-day power outage. As much as I love to read, doing nothing but that for four days got quite monotonous and just doing things like eating dinner were exciting, so you can imagine how much I loved the mailman this week.

For Review:


Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I am so, so, so psyched for this one! I already started and so far, it's just as amazing as all the raving reviews say it is. The only thing that throws me off is that the odd red font - it feels a bit gimmicky to me.

Darker Still by Leanna Hieber. Half the reason I want to read this is the summary, and the other half is - I admit it - the gorgeous cover. It's even more beautiful in real life, because, you guys, it's SHINY. I am definitely a sucker for shiny things.

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi. I received the paperback version of this, and it's beautiful. Plus, I've heard so many incredible things about this book that I'm a little afraid to start it, but hopefully it lives up to my expectations!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

All of these look great!!! I hope you enjoy them all.

Pawing Through Books said...

Great IMM! All three of these look fabulous! Hope you enjoy them!

Peggy
My IMM

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to get a copy of Anna Dressed in Blood too! Sounds like it's going to be a great read!

Happy Reading!

Michelle from Pineapples & Pyjamas

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

I still need to read Anna Dressed in Blood. So many people have been telling me its great. I enjoyed Shipbreaker but I didn't totally love it. I'm curious to see what you think of it. :)

Natalia Belikov said...

Anna is awesome! Im getting Darker Still this week hopefull!y! enjoy your books =9

Happy reading!
Dazzling Reads

Brittani said...

Great IMM! I got Anna Dressed In Blood this week also! And I agree, from what I've read out of it so far its amazing!

My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-13.html

-Brittani

Emma said...

I loved Anna Dressed in Blood. I thought it was just the right amount of spooky! You should check out my review here.

Check out my IMM here.

Emma @ LostinaYAbook

Giselle said...

Darker Still really intrigues me I want to buy it soon as well. Great haul!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Anonymous said...

Excellent grabs this week! I finished Anna Dressed in Blood a couple weeks ago. Super creepy!

http://bibliojunkies.blogspot.com/2011/11/peek-in-biblio-bin-8.html

Nea said...

Nice pick of books! :)

Kat said...

Anna Dressed in Blood looks really creepy. :) Definitely need to read that! Have fun reading!

Post a Comment