Rss Feed

The Iron Knight: Review

Title: The Iron Knight
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: October 2011
Published By: Harlequin
Pages: 361
Goodreads Rating: 4.54 stars


Review: [Note: this contains spoilers for the previous books of the series.] In the fourth book of the Iron Fey series, Ash tells his journey to reunite himself with his true love, Meghan Chase, the Queen of the Iron Kingdom. He would stop at nothing to be with her, even if it means enduring the horrific trials and becoming a mortal. But even if the will power is there, will he be able to do it?

When I first started THE IRON KNIGHT, I was worried about the change in narration from Meghan to Ash would, but after the first few jarring pages, the transition went smoothly and seamlessly. In fact, I found that I actually preferred Ash as a narrator. Something about his voice is more appealing and was able to keep me gripped in the story much more intensely and longer than the earlier books were able to.

As for the plot, although it didn't really deal with the ramifications of what happened in the third book, I found it to be even more enjoyable than the others. Ash's adventures to reclaim his future with his true love were breath-taking and impossible to put down, and my heart leaped with his every step of the way. Even when I was forced to stop reading, my head continued to swim with thoughts of what would happen next.

The emotion and romance are both amped to the highest levels I've seen them at, and reading the love story from the boy's perspective didn't sully the experience at all. Even though I am and always will be Team Puck, I was able to appreciate the romance between Ash and Meghan, and there were definitely some tear-jerker scenes.

Those who read the first three books in the series and didn't enjoy them that much should absolutely pick up the IRON KNIGHT, as I believe it is by far the best of the series. Brimming with emotion and romance, the novel carries a sharp narrator and fascinating plot, and although it feels more like a companion book, it brings a satisfying conclusion to the Iron Fey series. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who read any of the other books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment