Rss Feed

In My Mailbox (2)

In My Mailbox is a meme from The Story Siren.

Won:

A Wish After Midnight by Zetta Elliott. This one came in the mail on Friday. It looks great! Unfortunately, I have such a huge stack of library books that are due in the next few weeks, so I have to put this off for a while.
The Making of a Story by Alice LaPlante. Technically, I won a $20 Barnes and Noble gift card, but I used that to buy this, so it still counts, I guess. It's more for beginning writers (wish I had this four years ago!), but I couldn't resist buying this anyway. 

From the Library:

The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I saw the movie last year, and it was amazing, so of course the book must be super-amazing. Can't wait to read this one!
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I didn't like Twilight, but I decided to try this just to see if it was better or worse. I've heard it was pretty good, so I might as well see. But, Jesus, this is a thick book! 
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. I loved Mockingbird, and I heard this book is similar/better, so I'm interested in checking this out.
Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I know, it's about time I've read this!
Carrie by Stephen King. I've read some other books by him and they were pretty good (I liked It a lot, although I still think the sex scene was just sort of weird and, I mean, eleven-year-olds?), and I've heard this one's good.
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. People keep threatening to murder me in my sleep if I don't read this already, even though I don't really like Sarah Dessen. In an effort to stay alive, I will read this one and later review with a (I promise!) open mind.
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. The cover put me off this book for a long time, because for some reason I thought this was like Lisa Harrison's The Clique, which I only enjoyed because it was fun to watch bad things happen to those main characters I absolutely loathed. Then I realized that none of them were going to be murdered or anything so I stopped reading.
Skip Beat Volume 3 by Yoshiki Nakamura. Already read this one. The beginning confused me because Ruri and Kyoko were dressed exactly alike and wearing the same wig, so it took me a while to figure out who was who. But it got better quickly. 
After School Nightmare Volume 3 by Setona Mizushiro. Oh my God, SUCH a cliffhanger at the end!
After School Nightmare Volume 4 by Setona Mizushiro. I didn't like the... uh... what would you call it? Cliffhanger response? Cliff-saving? Well, I didn't like it so much. I expected Shinbashi to react more strongly, rather than just getting all flustered and embarrassed. But still, this was great! Can't get enough of Sou :)

That's it for this week! Pretty long list, huh? What'd you get in your mailbox?

0 comments:

Post a Comment