Rss Feed

Audiobooks

I have never listened to an audiobook. The closest I've ever come was when my mom used to read me books when I was a little kid, and even then, as soon as I could, I preferred to read them on my own. However, in August I'm taking a road trip that's 15 hours one way, and as I get nauseated when I read in the car, I'm going to try out some audiobooks in order to combat boredom.

I've read a couple reviews and decided that two of the audiobooks I want to bring are Revolution by Jennifer Donnely and Numbers by Rachel Ward, since those were both highly rated for story and narration. So now I'm asking you: what are your experiences with audiobooks? Do you have any good ones to recommend?

2 comments:

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

I have a day job that requires a lot of computer time that allows me to listen to a lot of audiobooks. I signed up with audible.com a couple years ago and LOVE it. Currently, I'm loving Amy Plum's Die For Me. The narrator was just fantastic. It was a book that I think made a bigger impact being heard rather read, because it involves a lot of French and European accents, and it just sounded BEAUTIFUL. lol The Hunger Games, The Mortal Instruments, Hush Hush and Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side were other really good ones.

Shalena @ Writer Quirk said...

The Harry Portrer audiobooks are the best, hands down. There are a lot of good ones out there though. White Cat was awesome and I've generally been pleased with Meg Cabot's and Sarah Dessen's audiobooks. It can be grating to listen to an annoying narrator, but most voices take a little getting used to no matter how good they are, especially if you're not used to listening to audiobooks.

Good luck on your trip and happy listening!

Post a Comment