Rss Feed

In My Mailbox (28)

I had a surprisingly good week this time!

Review

Twisted by Sara Shepard. I wasn't expecting this one at all, so when the Harper Collins package arrived in the mail, I had no choice but to commence my happy dance. A while ago, I started the Pretty Little Liars series and went through the first four, but then for some reason, I stopped even though I intended to keep reading. I'm going through the last couple that come before Twisted now, and I'm so glad I started again! I'd forgotten how addicting the books in this series can be, and it's nice to have all the books at once (well, except for whatever comes after Twisted) because the cliffhangers are crazy.

Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray. This one sounds really interesting! It's a modern retelling of Hamlet with high-school senior Ophelia and her boyfriend, Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Everything about her life centers around him because of his high status, not to mention overbearing family, and the paparazzi are always after her. Hamlet's father, the King, is mysteriously murdered, and Ophelia is forced to watch him slowly spiral into insanity. I've never read the original Hamlet, so I'm worried that I'll miss out on the subtleties of the retelling. Still, I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the book because it seems like a fascinating read.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I can't even begin to describe how absolutely thrilled I was to receive this. I've been desperate to read it ever since I saw its gorgeous cover and read the hooking synopsis. Unfortunately, the ARC I got doesn't have the beautiful cover this one does, which makes me severely tempted to buy the finished version when it comes out. Regardless of the cover, though, I'm sure the story will be simply beautiful. My expectations are very high on this one, but from what I've read, I won't be disappointed.



All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. I requested this one a while back and when a week passed with no response, I figured that well, I just didn't get it. However, to my surprise, my request was approved and I got this one on Friday night. I find this simple cover to be just so pretty, especially with the washed out, grungy city skyline, the faded list on the side, and the misshapen chocolate heart. This one's a dystopia, but seems very different from the typical ones, and since I've been getting a little tired of some of the more formulaic dystopian novels, this should be great for me!

So that's it for me this week! What did you get in your mailbox?

1 comments:

kaye (paper reader) said...

I can't even put into words how excited I am for The Night Circus. I'm so, so, so excited and would probably faint if this ended up in my mailbox.

Really looking forward to reading All These Things I've Done, too! A chocolate ban? Mafia family? Yes, please.

Post a Comment