Rss Feed

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

This week, I'm waiting for...

Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver. We meet Liesl the night after the day her young father has died. That same day she is visited by a ghost, Po, an eight year old boy who lives on the other side, the territory between life and death that runs parallel to the living world. Po has come to tell her that her father is stuck on the other side, and that she is the only one who can help him cross over. A couple of wooden boxes. Some ashes. Some magic dust. A ghost, its pet, and a boy who forgot to wear a hat in the cold. From these seemingly odd, random characters Oliver weaves the enchanting story of how, with the aid of Liesl, these elements come together over the course of one week to restore love and luster to a world gone grey and heartless.

All I saw was "Lauren Oliver", and I knew I wanted to read this book. A few months ago I picked up "Delirium" and loved it, so I'm sure this book will contain the same wonderful writing I enjoyed so much.


Are you waiting for this book, or have you already been able to read it? What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I'm waiting on this one too. Love Lauren Oliver too!! I'll read anything from her. Before I Fall was super awesome!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I felt the same way about Delirium I am going to check this one out as well!

My WoW pick for this week.

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Ooo....this sounds interesting and I also really liked Delirium. I might have to add this to my ever-growing TBR :)

What am I waiting on?

Erika @ Badass book reviews said...

I love Lauren Oliver, great pick

Cipher

Karen L. said...

The name Lauren Oliver's all I need to know about it too :) Although this one seems like it'll be a little different from her others. Here's my WoW.

Alpa said...

Even i am waiting for this one :)

Post a Comment