Rss Feed

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Julia from That Hapa Chick! The rules are pretty simple:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

So here are the questions Julia has set out for me, with my answers in blue!

1. If you could inject yourself into one literary world which world would it be and why?


This is going to sound totally cliche, but honestly, how could you ever get better than good old Harry Potter? You've got magic and butterbeer and those crazy jelly bean things with all the awesome flavors, and I can't even imagine how awesome it must be to live at Hogwarts. Sure, there are downsides (like Voldemort, for one), but hey, the butterbeer makes it worth it!








2. What fictional character do you relate to the most?


Well, this is a rather tough question. One character I related to at the time I read the book was Miles from Looking for Alaska. I read the book for the first time a while ago, when I was in the awkward transition from eighth grade to high school, and I could definitely sympathize with his naivety and somewhat awkward approach to social situations. At the same time, he matured immensely throughout the novel and was able to grapple with arguably the hardest of life issues, and I admired that quite a bit.

3. What do you think of e-readers?


I like e-readers because of their convenience, and I own a Kindle just because of all the NetGalley books I have. It definitely beats out reading so many books on my computer screen. However, if I had a choice between an e-book and a paper book, I'd choose paper all the way. There just seems to be more pleasure involved.

4. What is your favorite book genre and why?


I enjoy reading books with hard-to-classify genres. For instance, I loved the book Variant and it had a little bit of a dystopian feel, some contemporary issues thrown in, definitely adventure, sci-fi, and good old-fashioned suspense. 

5. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what book would it be? And no, you can't choose a book series. :P


Hmm... I'd have to go with The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I love the book so much, and there's so much packed in there that it could last a long time.


6. If the Zombie Apocalypse were to hit what would be your weapon of choice?


I'm more likely to end up hurting myself than a zombie if I was holding a weapon, so I guess my weapon of choice would be a person. Like, a really experienced person with guns and knives and the knowledge to use them.



7. What is your favorite book cover?


It's hard to pick favorites, but off the top of my head, I love the cover to The Night Circus. I remember it taking my breath away the first time I saw it.

8. What is a book that has been sitting on your shelf just begging to be read the longest?

I actually have a bit of a system in place as to what books I should read next (I have a somewhat neurotic personality, if you couldn't tell :P), so I don't usually end up with books waiting forever to be read.


9. Who is your favorite book villain? 


Is it too cliche if I saw Voldemort? He's the perfect villain.

10. What is your favorite book quote?


John Green to the rescue! "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.” It was actually very difficult to choose just one because all his writing is so beautiful, and looking over all those quotes makes me want to read all his books over again.

11. Be honest: If you saw Edward Cullen sparkling in the sunlight what would you do?


Scream. Run away. Move to Canada.

Here are the questions I'm asking!

1. What first turned you into a reader?
2. Do you prefer books that make you cry or books that make you laugh?
3. Have you ever faked reading a book, e.g. telling someone you've read a particular classic?
4. What's your favorite place to read?
5. Where do you get your books from?
6. If you could have dinner with one author, who would it be?
7. Do people ever judge you for the books you read?
8. What's the first book you ever read - or first you can remember reading?
9. What cover trend do you hate?
10. What cover trend do you love?
11. What do you like best about blogging?

And now for the people I tag!

Anna from Anna Reads, Becky from Stories and Sweeties, Tara from Fiction Folio, Hilary, Britney, and Farrah from I Eat Words, Allison from the Allure of Books, Giselle from Xpresso Reads, Kris from Imaginary Reads, Megan from Hooked to Books, Wendy from Mocha Latte Reads, Katie from Book Love, and SJH from a Dream of Books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment