Rss Feed

Waiting on Wednesday (39)

This week, I'm waiting on...

The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna. Here's what Goodreads has to say: Eva's life is not her own. She is a creation, an abomination - an echo. Made by the Weavers as a copy of someone else, she is expected to replace a girl named Amarra, her 'other', if she ever died. Eva studies what Amarra does, what she eats, what it's like to kiss her boyfriend, Ray. So when Amarra is killed in a car crash, Eva should be ready.

But fifteen years of studying never prepared her for this.

Now she must abandon everything she's ever known - the guardians who raised her, the boy she's forbidden to love - to move to India and convince the world that Amarra is still alive.


How amazing does this sound? The premise seems incredibly unique, and I love the cover. The Lost Girl releases August 2012.

3 comments:

fakesteph said...

This sounds amazing.... oh man... I'm super curious about why they make the echos. Thanks for posting this!

Bellas Shelf said...

The cover is mighty pretty and haunting.
The story sounds pretty awesome too. I am excited to read something so fresh & original.
Thanx for sharing this awesum WOW.
New visitor/follower <3
MY WOW

Kristin A. said...

I remember seeing this on someones last week but couldn't remember the title when I wanted to add on goodreads. So glad I checked your WoW out saved me a bunch of googling lol.

My WoW
@BloodSweatandBooks

Post a Comment