Rss Feed

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

This week, I'm waiting on...

The Turning by Francine Prose. Here's what Goodreads has to say: Jack is babysitting for the summer on an isolated island with no Wi-Fi, no cell service, and no one else around but a housekeeper and two very peculiar children. He immediately senses something sinister-and it's not just the creepy black house he's living in. Soon he is feeling terribly isolated and alone, but then he discovers there are others. The problem is, he's the only who can see them. As secrets are revealed and darker truths surface, Jack desperately struggles to maintain a grip on reality. He knows what he sees, and he isn't crazy…Or is he? 


I love the Turn of the Screw, and this is being marketed as that for teens, so I'm really excited for it! The Turning releases September 2012 from HarperTeen.

3 comments:

fakesteph said...

This sounds creepy. I can't wait to read what you think about it.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great read to me! Can't wait to read your review and decide if it should go in my TBR pile.

danya said...

I hadn't heard of this one before - thanks for putting it on my radar! I've added it to my Goodreads TBR now :)

Post a Comment