Rss Feed

Tastes in Books and Movies

It's no big secret that I love dark books. The more suspenseful and disturbing, the better. I like reading books that tear me apart and put me back together or maybe even just leave me hanging. Of course, these are not the only types of books I read - I love many other genres - but they're my favorite kind.

But it's occurred to me that my taste in movies is very different from my taste in books. When I watch movies or shows, I tend to prefer light, funny sitcoms. I don't watch a lot of dramas, and the ones I do (like Doctor Who - big Doctor Who fan over here!) still have an element of humor.

I can't really determine why that is. Perhaps dark movies are a little too intense for me, or maybe I've just never really watched the right ones, since I barely watch TV. After all, I did really enjoy A Beautiful Mind.

So my question to you is, do your tastes in books differ from your tastes in movies? Why do you think that is? Or are your tastes the same?

1 comments:

We Heart YA said...

Interesting question... Maybe it's easier to read about dark things than to see them right in front of your face. Imaginations are powerful, but they can be protective too. (I.e., you can control your own mind, but you can't control a movie.)

We've never really thought about it before, but now that you've asked, we too probably go "darker" in our reading than in our viewing. (And we too are Doctor Who fans!)

Post a Comment