Rss Feed

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. I got a lot from the library this week!

Won:

Wild Spirits by Rosa Jordan. I actually got a different cover, but they didn't have a good size image when I searched, so I just used this one. It doesn't seem to exactly be my kind of book, but I read the first couple pages and it seems good, so I'll give it a try sometime soon. Also, when I got this, there was bubblewrap. Bubblewrap, people. That's what I live for. My parents asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I said, "Six feet of bubblewrap." They laughed and walked away, thinking it was a joke. Figures. :P



Library:

 Absolute Boyfriend Volume 1 by Yuu Watase. I already read this, since I finished After School Nightmare and I was looking for another manga series to get into. I was so, so, so disappointed. :( I knew it was a light read when I started, but still... I guess I just have really high standards after the genius that is ASN. The boyfriend in the series, however, is quite swoon-worthy, if a bit... umm... mechanical.





After School Nightmare Volume 9. Oh. My. God. Talk about plot twists! I ate this up in something like twelve minutes. No, I'm serious, I was flying through the pages. Luckily, I got Volume 10 (the last one!) at the same time, so I could rip right into it.







 After School Nightmare Volume 10. Oh my freakin' God, the ENDING! It was so good, I couldn't stop talking about it. I told it to my parents, to my friends, to random strangers in the street, to my good friend Obama, to the congressmen and the lawyers and my eye doctor, and let's not forget my dog and my neighbor's dog, and my other neighbor's cat, and oh, my brother, and the sister I don't have -

You get the picture.



The Passage by Justin Cronin. I heard spectacular things about this although it's adult fiction, which I don't usually read since that time when I was eleven and I stumbled into the section that begins with "E" and ends with "A" (it scarred me for life!). This one's a bit daunting, and it looks annoying to carry around when I go to school. Maybe I'll just read it on the weekends or something.





Luna by Julie Ann Peters. Oh, God, I'm reading this right now, and I've cried about four times now. So. Good. So. Freaking. Good. This pulls on your heartstrings and - well, I'll save it for the review! Which will come in about ten years, given how many books I need to review and how I only review about three a week D:






That's what I got this week! What's in your mailbox?

0 comments:

Post a Comment