Rss Feed

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted over at The Story Siren. You post all the books you got that week.

Recently, I've been having bad luck in contests. You know that HUGE blogfest a few days ago? Yeah, I entered something like ninety of them and won... *wait for it*... 0. And there's somebody in the blogosphere named Lizzy who keeps winning all these things, and I'll glance at a post and see "And the winner is... Izzy!" My heart flies up, then crashes back down when I realize it's Lizzy.

That's why it was such a wonderful surprise to get a book in the mail! I didn't even remember winning it until I saw the post-it note (and such a pretty post-it note it was!), and the book looks amazing.

Won:

[Apparently, I can't find a picture of Picture the Dead.]

Library:

 Infinite Days. I haven't read a vampire book in so long, and this one looks different, so I have high hopes for it! I tried to read this a month ago, but I got an email from the library (I am infamous at my library) informing me that I can't get the book for WEEKS AND WEEKS AND WEEKS because it's too new. This is why I can't read The Duff, either. But WEEKS AND WEEKS AND WEEKS have passed and now I can read it!





The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm hesitant to read adult fiction because I always have the misfortune to pick up the ones that go SMEX SMEX SMEX SMEX the whole plotline, but seriously, how could I not read this? Everyone's read it. My dog's already read it. (I woke up to find him using it as a pillow. With several pages suspiciously damp, and his tongue still hanging out.)





13 to Life. Vampires and werewolves in the same week? I know, uncharacteristic, but how could I resist that awesome cover? No, seriously, look at that eye! That is the most awesome eye ever! I don't really like the girl walking in the middle because it brings my focus away from the eye, but the neat pattern on the left makes up for it. AND THE EYE.






Such a Pretty Girl. I adored Leftovers with every square inch of my heart, so I am so freaking excited about this book. I am so reading it after what I'm currently reading. It's already been moved from the Leaning Tower of Books pile next to the TV to my desk.








What did you get in your mailbox?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those look fab, and especially Infinite Days (I want to read that too!). Happy reading!

brave chickens said...

On the topic of choosing an adult fiction title, sometimes when I somehow decide to read an adult fiction title, it's so bland and boring. YA all the way! :D

Anonymous said...

Laura Wiess is amazing. How It Ends is also super amazing. Enjoy! :)

Post a Comment