Rss Feed

Cover Love

Let's have some cover love for...


Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender!

The first thing I'd have to say is that I love what they did with the model. The way she's sitting can mean a lot of different things, but to me, it makes her seem a little more child-like. Her legs are drawn up to her chest and her hands are sitting in her lap, and it seems like the kind of position you might want to take when trying to protect yourself. Plus, you can't really see anything except her legs, so there's really no telling if she's a child or not.

I like the flowy pink skirt she's wearing as well. It's gauzy and light, and the way it kind of flows out to the left is neat. The best part about her is the way the curtain drapes over most of her, casting her face into shadow and hiding anything above her knees. This again brings to mind something you would do if you were hiding, which gives this cover a lot of creepy undertones.

The bright light emanating from the window is very interesting. That could mean a lot of things, but I think it might be a reference to the title. Lights are often associated with death and/or heaven, so that could be why. Regardless, that light makes intriguing patterns along the walls and floors, and pretty much casts the entire girl in shadow.

The placement of the title and author name are nice, and I like that the author's name isn't absolutely humongous. The attention-grabbing title deserves more space! I also have to say that the border is cute and adds a nice touch. The only thing I don't like that much is that there seems to be some sort of object in the lower right, except I can't really tell what it is.

So, there you have it! What do you think of this cover?

3 comments:

Arianna said...

I actually checked this book out from the library before the holidays, but it's due back tomorrow and I'm only a few pages in.

The cover on the copy I have is a bit different in that it's less blue and there isn't a camera (I think that's what it is?) in the bottom right corner. xD

I like it, especially the border and everything, but it wouldn't rank as a favorite cover of all time, at least for me.

Izzy G. said...

Oh, I hate when that happens, when you've started a book but then it's due really soon! I hope you get to finish it, though. I've heard it's excellent! :)

And now that you mention it, it does look like a camera.

Katie Alender said...

Hi, Izzy! Glad you like my cover! The object lower right doesn't actually exist on the cover, so it must be something that got added to a scan. You can see the final version here: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/80kay/BGDD_CVR_almostFIN.jpg?t=1294592167

Post a Comment