Rss Feed

January Books

Books Read:

1. HOW IT ENDS by Laura Wiess.
2. ANGELA'S ASHES by Frank McCourt.
3. VAMPIRE KNIGHT VOLUME 1 by Matsuri Hino.
4. VAMPIRE KNIGHT VOLUME 2 by Matsuri Hino.
5. SWOON AT YOUR OWN RISK by Sydney Salter.
6. THE SPACE BETWEEN THE TREES by Katie Williams.
7. ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins.
8. SECOND HELPINGS by Megan McCafferty.
9. TODD THE DREAMER by Bonnie Rozanski.
10. PERFECT CHEMISTRY by Simone Elkeles.
11. LOCK AND KEY by Sarah Dessen.
12. FIXING DELILAH by Sarah Ockler.
13. THIS LULLABY by Sarah Dessen.
14. ZOMBIES VS. UNICORNS edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
15. JUST LISTEN by Sarah Deseen.
16. TWO WAY STREET by Lauren Barnholdt.
17. THE MOCKINGBIRDS by Daisy Whitney.

Genres read: Contemporary (10), Fantasy (4), Chick lit (1), Memoir (1), Mystery (1)

Pages read: 5022 pages

Challenge Updates:

2011 Reading Challenge: 17/180
2011 Manga Challenge: 2/15
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 0/43
2011 YA Historical Fiction Challenge: 0/10

Overall:

I read a good amount of books, with a lot of contemporary. I'm hoping that I vary up my reading selections a little more and try some genres I don't usually read, like some more mystery (which I really enjoyed). My manga challenge is also progressing at a decent rate, and while I didn't make any progress on the Debut Author or Historical one, that's because a lot of the books I chose don't come out until later this year.

How was your January?

2 comments:

Short Story Slore said...

Congrats on getting so much done! I had a few busy weekends that delayed some of my reading, but I've been sticking with books already on my shelf, which is a start. Next month should be more productive, esp if this blizzard hits Chicago and forces me to call of work :)

Teacher/Learner said...

Angela's Ashes is such a sad movie that I haven't read the book yet, but I have Teacher Man by Frank McCourt waiting on my shelf. Congratulations on a terrific January!

Post a Comment