Rss Feed

More Spotlight, Please! (5)

This week, we have...

Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto by Eric Luper! This is one I haven't heard a lot about, but the synopsis sounds awesome! It's fairly long, so I'll paraphrase it here. Seth Baumgartner's life seems to be falling apart, because not only does his girlfriend dump him at Applebee's, he sees his father on a date with someone who's not his mother (also at Applebee's), and he loses his fourth job of the year. Fed up with how all the relationships in his life are collapsing, Seth starts an anonymous podcast called "The Love Manifesto" to see if he can figure out "what love is, why love is, and what keeps us going back for more".

This sounds like such a cute and funny read, but it also seems like it tackles deeper issues as well, so I'm definitely excited to read this one. Books like this that have technology tied in (such as blog posts, tweets, or, in this case, podcasts) are always very interesting to me, and now that I think about it, I've never read one that used podcasts.

All the reviews I read were very positive, and yet I haven't seen this one featured on a lot of blogs (only one, I think). So, have you ever heard of it or read it? Do you plan to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read it but I really want to. I haven't seen very many reviews for it either come to think of it. :/

Short Story Slore said...

This is the first I've heard of it but it sounds quite interesting!

brave chickens said...

I've never heard of this one either, but it sounds like something I would enjoy.

Post a Comment