Rss Feed

More Spotlight, Please!

There are tons of upcoming and past releases that have found their way onto my to-be-read list but haven't had that much attention (from what I've seen). So I've decided to show some books that aren't as hyped and sound good enough to deserve more spotlight. Keep in mind that I haven't actually read this yet!

Teenage Waistland by Lynn Biederman.

Why It Needs More Spotlight: The summary sounds intriguing. Basically, this is about three severely obese teens who are part of a group of ten patients that all undergo a special weight-loss surgery to go to normal weights. Except losing so much weight - that doesn't solve all their problems as much as they think. The Goodreads synopsis closes by saying, "Teenage Waistland is a story of betrayal, intervention, a life-altering operation, and how a long-buried truth can prove far more devastating than the layers of fat that protect it." 


Doesn't that sound awesome? Plus, take a look at that cover. It seems pretty clever, with the thin girl's body juxtaposed with the huge waistline of the jeans she's wearing. The only thing I'd say is that the cover seems to be less serious, what with the fun title fonts and light pink background, than the synopsis makes it out to be. 


I've already reserved this from the library, so I guess I'll be reading it soon! Also, I've found next to none reviews, with only a handful on Goodreads, Amazon, and other sites, and I haven't found a single one on a book blog. Oh, and just so you know, there's another book with the same title but they're different.


Have you read this book? Do you plan to? Know any other books that deserve a spotlight?

4 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your blog today. Happy New Year.
Ann

Izzy G. said...

Thank you, have a happy new year yourself :)

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Ooh, I actually have a copy of this book (sent by Random House) but haven't had a chance to pick it up. My review-request-TBR screams at me whenever I read books that aren't in them. xD Anyway, definitely plan on reading this because it sounds interesting. Let me know what you think of it when you read it! :) Happy new year! :)

Unknown said...

I like this meme idea there are alot of books that don't get 1/2 the attention they deserve. This one looks good! thx for following me :)

Post a Comment